July 12, 2014
Everyone tells you, the older you get, the faster times goes. 5 years has gone by in what seems like a blink of an eye!
In 5 years….
- We have changed careers
- Bought a house
- BOTH of us had major knee surgery
- Became an Aunt and Uncle to Briggs and Leo
- Lost people we love
- Made lots of new friends
- I stared my dream blog, Darboy Kate
- Grew a few grey hairs and gained a few more wrinkles
- and officially started our family of 3
Looking back on that day 5 years ago, so much has changed, yet so much hasn’t. I am still madly in love with my best friend (maybe even more now than then).
5 Things I will never forget about my wedding day…
- Romy crying at our first view. Romy crying as I was walked down the aisle. and Romy crying as he recited his personal vows to me. I have never seen him so emotional and so raw, it was perfect for our wedding day.
- The weather! How hot it was in my dress and how sweaty both Romy and my dad were while we danced.
- Cutting my left-hand RING finger to help my MOH with her sticky bra. Then Romy’s face when he was putting my rings on my finger.
- The flowers, I have never seen more beautiful flowers in my whole life. My in-laws, really went above and beyond to make our wedding extra special (shout out Reynebeau by Riverside Floral)
- The dance floor and our band Fat Brass, they were able to get everyone away from the bar (that was not in the barn were they were) and keep our party rocking all night!
- Watching Kate walk down the aisle and completely losing my cool.
- I had never worn a real bow tie before our wedding, so I practiced tying my diamond tip bow tie quite a bit in the months leading up to the wedding. When the day finally came, I spent about an hour trying get my bow tie just right and had a bit of a moment. Luckily, Kate insisted that I take a backup clip on bow tie with me that saved the day.
- I’m a bit of a perfectionist with certain things and leading up to the wedding I wasn’t happy with my vows. The night before I stayed up until about 2 AM putting the finishing touches on the vows.
- I wasn’t able to sleep at all the night before the wedding and I ended up heading to the venue, Mulberry Lane Farms, at around 430 AM and spent hour or two finalizing the décor. This resulted in some pretty serious bags under my eyes the day of the wedding, but it was worth it to make sure everything went off without a hitch. If we had to plan our wedding again, the only thing I would consider changing is potentially hiring a wedding planner to help with the execution of bringing our vision to life.
- Our wedding ceremony was outdoors, a long way away from any type of shelter. We were completely at the mercy of the elements. Leading up to the wedding we were compulsively checking the forecast and the day off the wedding there were threatening rain clouds constantly on the horizon but the held off just barely long enough for us to complete the ceremony and take a few pictures before the downpour began.
Can’t wait to spend a lifetime with you by my side!
Our wedding vendors!
Wedding Photography: Danielle Simone Charles // Wedding Dress: Bliss Bridal // Groom and Groomsmen: Micheal Micheal Kors // Florals: Reynebeau by Riverside Floral // Hair Stylist: The Salon Professional Academy // Make Up: Jenna Giordana Makeup Artistry // Ceremony and Reception Location: Mulberry Lane Farm // Band: Fat Brass // Catering: Cedar Creek Marketplace // Brides Shoes: Kate Spade