This recipe screams all things cozy and warm. It is the perfect soup to pass to a friend that just had a baby or is going through a hard time. Everything about this soup brings me joy. As I am making it, it smells like my grandma’s house and it can be easily portioned out and frozen to make easy freezer meals.
Unfortunately Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice is not gluten free, but I have found a way to make the box rice dish from scratch! If you are not gluten free you can skip this step and just buy the box.
- 1 small medium saucepan
- 1 wide brim frying pan
- 1 large soup pot
Gluten Free Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice Ingredients:
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp freshly ground black peppers
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp parsley flakes
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups long grain rice
- ⅓ cup dry wild rice
- 2 TBL butter
- Combine all the spices in a medium bowl and mix together
- Add both types of rice, chicken stock, water, butter and spice mixture to medium saucepan,
- Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Cover saucepan with a lid and turn down heat from 10-15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
Gluten-Free Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Ingredients:
- 1 batch of Gluten Free Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice or 1 box of Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice package
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 TBS Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper as desired
- ¼ cup or 4 TSB of butter
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup of gluten free flour
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- Cook rice according to the instructions above.
- Cut up 3 chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Heat olive oil in wide brim frying pan, add chicken pieces, salt & pepper and cook thoroughly
- In a separate large soup pot, heat butter and sauté veggies. Cook for 3 minutes and add in flour to make a thick roux
- Slowly add chicken broth to the veggie mixture. Ensuring to stir between pores and to make sure your roux stays smooth. Add in cream and bullion cube and stir together. Once cream is well stirred, add in chicken (with drippings) and cooked rice.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to allow for the flavors to mixture together and the soup to thicken.