Summer is here and the patio is open! I am always on the hunt for gluten-free dishes to pass, and this is the perfect gluten-free pasta recipe. The best part is that it takes under 20 minutes to make, and it actually gets better when it stays a few days in the refrigerator.
Gluten-Free Summer Pasta Salad Recipe:
- 12 -16 ounce pack of pasta
- 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8-ounce fresh mozzarella cheese balls, cut in half
- 1 Ib Klement’s summer sausage, cut in 1/4 (Klement’s Summer Sausage is Gluten-Free)
- 3/4 cup of kalamata or black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
Italian pasta salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 TBL of coarse sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 TBL sugar
- 2 tsp of dry oregano
- 2 tsp of dry basil
- black pepper to taste
Boil pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and allow to cool, stir in a little butter or olive oil to prevent sticking. While your pasta is cooking mix all your dressing ingredients together and shake together using a blender or shaker cup.
After your pasta is cooled, mix everything together.
Keep in your refrigerator for a few days (the flavor actually gets better over time!)